Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Another day at the office

Today, I worked in the North Cascades. Here is some shots of the wonders around here.

Also, most of my blogs are going to have kind of a fishing slant to them. My fly fishing is coming around. I had a couple of epiphanies with my casts and presentations. I still have a lot of problems... but if I concentrate and work it, I can get some great casts. I'm just worried some of my initial flubs are scaring the fish to the other side of the lake or miles upstream. A nice thing tho, I got a spin cast for my b-day and sometimes it just works better. So far, that's the only thing that has caught fish (4 cutthroats and 2 rainbows- all small).
















This little creek was nice. Some cutthroat trout were found but had to be released... too small. Had to look for some pools and find some nice rapids where they were hiding.














A little marsh near Rainy Lake. Pics of Rainy Lake will come soon. There are some beautiful waterfalls coming from glacial runoff into the lake. Another plus- they stock it with a hybrid fish -tryploid trout and there is tons of cutties in there. Word is, they should enjoy some nymphs if that doesn't work I'll just have to try some other tricks.














Here's a couple of pics of Diablo Lake. It really is that wild green color. I've only been hiking around this green monster. They say to fish this, you need to "go deep." I guess I'll have to buy a boat in the near future. And then a downrigger setup. And then a few more poles w/ lots of gear. (Janeal's not happy with these prospects)

Well, the pics and words will continue later.

6 comments:

Amanda said...

How beautiful!! What is your job? It's awesome that it allows you to see wonders like that!!

Jim Proffitt said...

Ahh yes, just another day at the office!!

Vidal's Nest said...

Cruel...just plain cruel!!How could you post these picutes? Are you trying to kill me?
Booger!
Maybe I should move in with you!
We need to plan a trip there at least. Looks like my idea of heaven!

Leslie Houx said...

So beautiful...I can't wait to come up there and visit! Miss you guys!

Brent Kynaston said...

I loved visiting you guys - It was so much fun to see the family and to meet bullet. I couldn't believe how jaw-droppingly beautiful it is out there! I'll need to blog up some of our pictures. We love and miss you guys! Glad to see you're sharing so many cool experiences and photos in this new blog.

Shelli said...

It looks absolutely beautiful! Have you been flyfishing with dad yet? You'll have to entice him to come up to see you. You could have a "River Runs Through It" experience.

Chill Music