Saturday, September 27, 2008














OK... I've actually been busy at work lately.  I've had K9 recerts and a bunch of crazy things have been going on.  If you have been looking at the news, you might have seen that we have our share of crazies up here.  Some guy thought God was speaking to him.  The wack job that went on a killing spree (6 gone- 1 was a Sheriff) was just a few miles down the road.  Then the other day some other loon kill a forest service K9 handler after he killed some guy and stole his truck.  Fortunately, the second guy got some lead injections and won't need to stand trial.  I haven't needed to be involved directly but, since law enforcement was involved, they are asking us to help here and there.  Services are on Monday for the Forest Service Officer.  
 
Here are a couple of pics of the lake I was talking bout earlier.  Tonight I went up here again.  It was so nice.  It's a pretty hike (only 0.7 miles) that drops down to a picturesque little lake.  The water is crystal clear and on one side it's surrounded by some cliffs topped with some nice pine trees. Wind started to pick up, fly fishing was very difficult.  Only other problem was the sun going down too early.  
When the wind would die down and it was calm, the fish were jumping at almost anything.  They even attacked my leader as it layed on the water-- I chuckled because they just wouldn't hit the fly.  I have to figure out what they like 'cause it's killing me to see them jumping all over the place.
Fall is starting to come around in full force.  More rain, colder temps, sun is dropping quicker, and light dusting of snow on some of the mountains.  

My laptop power cord is shot so I might not post for a bit.  Enjoy

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Okay, I don't blog surf, I really don't. But Sherry told me to check out her blog and your wife left a comment there so...next thing I knew, here I was. Imagine my surprise when Tegan and Sara started playing. LOVE them, and I don't know anyone else who even knows who they are. Too funny. Jim, I can't believe you get to work out in the wilderness like this. How cool is that? This is Rebecca (Becky Proffitt) by the way, just wanted to say hi and tell you how jealous I am that you have such a cool job. You have a beautiful family, and you look just like you did when we were kids (just less hair, ha ha)

Ginger said...

It is so gorgeous we just might have to move up there too. Is Dad too old for Border patrol?

Shelli said...

Hey! You have to tell people when you start a blog! Why is it that I'm always the last to know ... is my family trying to tell me something? Hm? HMMMM????

Chill Music