Sunday, January 11, 2009

The end of a roller coaster season.

Can't say much (actually don't want to dwell on it) about this season.  The Chargers were incredible in a few games and down right horrible in some others.  They were touted as the heirs to the Super Bowl and ended regular season at 8-8 (???).  They started the season as the unluckiest team in the NFL and ended it as possibly the luckiest.  


Today was a little tuff.  After going to church we all sat down and enjoyed a little celebration for Hayden's 10th B'day then got into the game.  I really wanted San Diego to win this one... mostly as a gift for Hayden.  I'm used to the let downs.  I've been loving this team during some horrible times (ie. Ryan Leaf) and know it's a pipe dream to see these guys win a Super Bowl.  Don't get me wrong, they totally can do it, but the odds are very long.  Oh well... season is now done.  I'm not disappointed.  It was crazy to watch these guys ride a wave of talent and a little luck at the end.  

Well now that My Chargers are out, I'll need to focus more on fishing around here.  Only problems with that is the sun goes down early this far north and almost all lakes are seasonal only.  I've got a couple of rivers to try my hand at, mostly steel heads or salmon (hope my rod can handle it).  I will post some pics soon of some fun little fishing holes I find.  Still lots of places to find.  

Finally I'd like to say congrats to my son Hayden.  10 years old and a pistol to boot.  He's a great boy.  I love you little man.

3 comments:

Shelli said...

Pretty sucky. I thought the refs were pretty awful, too, but that doesn't explain the loss. Just tough, I guess! At least they have a lot of talent to work with next year. Weddle had some great plays, too. Better luck next season, hopefully!

Ginger said...

Horrible game. I am now depressed. I will never watch football again. Happy Birthday to Hayden.

Vidal's Nest said...

Bummer! We were Hoping for a Chargers vs Cardinals game. Shoot. Maybe next year?
Happy Birthday Hayden!

Chill Music