Thursday, January 15, 2009

I love...

I love my FAMILY.


I know this isn't the usual thing for me to write about, but for some reason I just want to say it.  

First and definitely foremost, I love my wife.  She is wonderful and doesn't realize her strength and joy she gives me.  She is a great mom to our kids.  Thank you.  My kids- you are wonderful.  I love each one of them totally and completely.  

I love my brother and sisters.  Those of you who are struggling now, know you are in my prayers and I do love you.  You made my life miserable when I was young but also brought so much joy.  I love the memories.  Lulu, we really should have caught that bluegill.

I am grateful to say that I love my extended family.  

Finally, my parents.  Thank you for being incredible examples.  I pray that one day my family can be at least a shadow of what you guys have.  You are great examples of what a patriarch and matriarch should be.  Thank you for leading and saying "do as I do."

I know we all have our faults, but some reason right now I don't see them.  I just see a wonderful (large and crazy) family.  I love you guys.

This might be my only sappy post.  Enjoy it.

5 comments:

Ginger said...

I did enjoy it. It is so nice when you open up and show a part of your heart. I couldn't agree with you more. I know there are some faults in the family, but I don't see them. I am proud of the man you have become. I can't imagine not being an eternal family, it would be unbearable. Love just doesn't cover my feelings for all of you. But know I do love you.

Shelli said...

Yeah, I'm sitting here at work crying my eyes out! Good thing we don't have customers, eh? Thank you for a sweet and wonderful post. I love you, too, Jim.

Vidal's Nest said...

Ahh Jimmy, You made me smile! Thanks, I needed that. You are the best! I love you!

The Northwest Bunch said...

Where is my husband?? You are making me cry and I love you!!!

Juli said...

Oh, Jim you have no idea how sorry I am for the way you were treated growing up! You are so wonderful! I love you so much. Your family is amazing and I am so glad you are my brother!

Chill Music